Thursday, September 14, 2017

Magic cat blankets

my favourite
I recently joined a facebook group called magic blankets,
it inspired me to make a blanket using my scraps of yarn.
Knit4charity were asking for cat blankets 30cm x 42cm
for the Cat Protection Society.
Each cat goes home with its own blanket,
which I think is a lovely idea.
The basic premise of a magic blanket is using scraps
which are joined using a magic join and 2 strands
of 8 ply yarn worked together.
I used a 6mm hook and 58 chain,
treble into the 4th chain from hook
Then a V stitch into every 3rd chain,
the next rows are a v stitch
into every ch space for a total of 21 rows.
They are quick and easy to do while watching tv
and each one is unique and i get to play with colours
a selection of the blankets

No comments:

Post a Comment